Although vitamins and supplements play an important role in overall health, the body often doesn’t receive the full benefit from them. The primary reason for this is that much of the nutrients leave the body through urination. Malabsorption is another contributing factor. When a person consumes a vitamin or supplement orally, it travels down the throat and into the gut. Once there, it can take several hours to break apart and travel through the abdominal wall to the bloodstream. Aging, a weak digestive system, and several medical issues can make it difficult for the body to absorb enough of the nutrients to provide sufficient benefit.
Receiving a Vitamin B12 Shot is a fast and simple way to circumvent this process. A medical doctor trained in nutrition and intravenous therapy recommends a boost based on the patient’s chief complaints. For example, those wanting to lose weight would receive a weight loss reduction formula while those who feel chronically depleted of energy would choose an energy boost formula. The patient receives the nutrients in liquid form through a quick injection. The entire process takes no more than 10 seconds to complete and can be repeated as often as necessary.
Popular Types of Vitamin B12 Shots and Boosters
The process of aging brings changes to the skin and appearance as well as internal changes. A typical anti-aging formula includes:
- Biotin: This B-Complex vitamin helps to regulate metabolism and insulin production. It also plays a vital role in maintaining healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- CoQ10: This essential vitamin reduces or prevents the effects of aging by maintaining heart health, repairing damaged cells, reducing blood pressure, improving mental focus, and restoring energy.
- Glutathione: Glutathione supports a healthy immune system, protects the body from damage inflicted by free radicals, detoxifies the liver, and helps to slow down the effects of aging.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps to improve the appearance of the skin by eliminating wrinkles, frown lines, and age spots. It makes the skin smoother and stronger, which is important to fight off infection.
People struggling from chronic fatigue should consider an energy boost containing the following vitamins:
- B5: Vitamin B5 is present in all living cells and in almost all foods. It aids the body in extracting energy from carbohydrates, proteins, and fat. Additionally, Vitamin B5 metabolizes fat and helps to maintain healthy red blood cells. Energy is at its peak when the red blood cells are at healthy levels. This vitamin works with the adrenal glands to reduce stress, which if often the leading cause of chronic fatigue.
- B6: Vitamin B6 metabolizes hemoglobin and transports oxygen throughout the bloodstream. It also helps to maintain blood glucose and convert stored carbohydrates to energy.
- B12: Vitamin B12 produces red blood cells that are necessary for good health. In addition to boosting energy levels, it can also elevate mood and improve concentration and memory.
Natural immunity decreases with age, but stress, illness, and a poor diet can also affect it. The following nutrients can give the body a huge immunity boost:
- Lysine: As an essential amino acid, lysine helps to produce and maintain antibodies in addition to antiviral properties. This helps to ensure a strong immune system. It can also reduce anxiety and help muscle tissue and collagen form properly.
- Vitamin C: As an immunity booster, Vitamin C enhances antibody and nitrous oxide production. It helps to reduce inflammation that can lead to illness and combat oxidative stress.
- Zinc: In addition to contributing to the health of the immune system, zinc supports normal growth and helps to heal wounds. Some medical studies suggest that zinc can reduce the number of days a person suffers with a cold by 50 percent.
Stress Reduction Booster
Some stress is unavoidable no matter how hard a person may try to get it out of his or her life or attempt to use relaxation techniques. Unfortunately, prolonged stress can have a serious impact on health. Certain nutrients can help the body cope better with stress on a physical and emotional level. These include:
- GABA: Gamma aminobutyric acid is an amino acid that plays a critical role in managing stress and anxiety. It is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, which means that it calms receptors in the brain that are conditioned to respond in an anxious manner to certain stimuli.
- Magnesium: This mineral is the fourth most abundant in the human body. A deficiency of magnesium can cause serious stress-related conditions like high blood pressure and heart disease. Restoring magnesium levels helps reduce these risks as well as makes the stressors of life more manageable.
- Taurine: Taurine helps to block the production of adrenaline, a hormone the body produces in response to stress. It also balances GABA and glutamate, two of the body’s primary neurotransmitters. This results in a calming effect regardless of the circumstances.
- Tyrosine: This is an amino acid that synthesizes protein in the cells. It enhances mood in addition to helping reduce anxiety and stress through natural means by helping to regulate the brain’s neurotransmitters. This nutrient also helps people maintain a healthy body weight.
Weight Loss Booster
Vitamin B12 shots for Weight Loss are a popular vitamin injection. B-vitamins and amino acids help to control appetite and provide the body with the nutrients it needs while subsiding on a reduced number of calories. Other nutrients that help in the weight loss process include:
- Chromium Picolinate: This trace mineral enhances the body’s production and regulation of blood glucose. Normal levels of blood glucose are essential to control appetite and lose weight. Receiving chromium picolinate as a supplement can accelerate weight loss for this reason.
- L-Carnitine: The liver and kidney normally produce L-Carnitine and store it in the bones, heart, and brain. It also helps to produce energy. When this nutrient is low, people feel sluggish and are more likely to eat foods high in sugar and low in nutrition for a boost. A quick injection of L-Carnitine can provide the body with the energy is needs to burn excess weight through increased physical activity.
These are just some of the most popular Vitamin B12 shots and B12 Injections available to improve a wide range of health conditions. Individual providers may have several other specific Vitamin B12 Shots available, so we urge you to contact several Vitamin Injection providers.